The mission of the Administrative Services Department is to support the goals and challenges facing Pittsfield Township by providing services which promote a work environment characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect.
Administrative Services will take a leadership role and provide service in support of Pittsfield Township based on the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and deserve to be treated as such.
Administrative Services will strive to act as a catalyst enabling all Pittsfield Township employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of the Township.
We will do this by:
- Ensuring that Administrative Services Department staff members are given the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Recruiting and promoting the best-qualified individuals to work for the Township, recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Retaining valuable employees by providing a competitive salary and benefits package, and developing the full potential of our workforce by providing training and development for career enhancement and individual growth.
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy and secure, and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees fairly, and with dignity and equality, while maintaining compliance with labor and employment laws, Township directives and labor agreements.
The Administrative Services team will collaborate with our colleagues within and outside of Pittsfield Township to provide quality services in all personnel operations with integrity, responsiveness and sensitivity to the Township’s employees and the general public.